We've all heard of wedding cakes, but one trend that is increasing in popularity is wedding cupcakes. Cupcakes can be more fun and lighthearted than the classic wedding cake, and are a great way to add a personal, memorable touch to your big day.
- You can have many different flavors. At the normal rate of wedding cake prices, you can usually choose two to three flavors (depending on how many layers your cake is). With wedding cupcakes, you can have a lot more variety, and guests can even choose which flavor they want.
- Each cupcake is individually decorated. By the time you get a slice of cake at a wedding, the decoration on it has probably been marred. With cupcakes, each one is individually decorated and its artfulness is not spoiled by cutting and serving.
- It is not as time consuming to cut and serve the cupcakes. It takes quite a bit of time (as well as a few staff members) to cut and serve a wedding cake. If you serve wedding cupcakes, it is much simpler, less time consuming, and more efficient. If you have a cupcake bar, guests can serve themselves.
- If you have a lot of kids at your wedding, they will be sure to love them! Cupcakes may be the highlight of the wedding for some kids.
- Guests can take cupcakes home in a box if they are too full after the meal. Often, in the aftermath of a wedding reception, there are up to hundreds of pieces of untouched (or barely touched) pieces of cake lying on the tables. Guests can take cupcakes home in a to-go container to enjoy later in the evening, or the next day.