Choosing the right Honeymoon destination can be fun, but intimidating. Do you go classic and spend it somewhere beachy and warm, or do you go someplace exotic and less well known? Well, we're here to help you expand your horizon and find the destination that's truly you.
Every week we feature a new location that you may not have considered to spend the first few weeks of your new life.
This week's destination: Buenos Aires, Argentina
As the capital of Argentina, Buenos Aires has one of the largest populations of any of the Latin American countries. Sometimes referred to as 'the city of tango and romance,' Buenos Aires is rich in culture and offers a lot to add to your honeymoon experience.
- Parque Tres de Febrero - Spending a day in this park is a treat for the eyes. Whether it's a stroll through one of it's famous rose gardens, watching a show in the city planetarium (Planetario Galileo Galilei), or paddling around in a boat in one of its gigantic lakes, it's sure to please you and your hubby.
- Palermo - A famous neighborhood known for it's botanical gardens, exciting nightlife, and eclectic subdivisions. Street-side shopping, great food, and live music help this neighborhood give you the feeling of being in a bohemian village.
- National Library of the Argentine Republic (Biblioteca Nacional) - One of the most historically important libraries in all of the Americas. It's an architectural wonder, full of culture and history.
- The Obelisk - Built to honor the 400th anniversary of Buenos Aires, the Obelisk is a gathering place for the people of Argentina. Whether for cultural festivals or the celebration of a favorite sports team, there's always some sort of excitement around the Obelisk.
- Teatro Colón - One of the world's largest opera houses, Teatro Colón boasts some of the top acoustics in the world. A cultural landmark, the theater first opened in 1857, and has evolved throughout the years. (It closed in 2006 for refurbishments, but is re-opening in 2010)
- Tango classes - No trip to Buenos Aires is complete without stopping by a Tango and showing off your sultry dance moves. Not experienced? No problem! There are teachers available who can show your body the way. Once you've got your moves down, it won't be long before you stumble across a discoteca where you'll easily get lost in the groove.