Whether you’re planning a honeymoon for your second marriage or your second honeymoon for your first marriage, you have so many great destinations to choose from. Either way this is a fantastic opportunity to take a vacation with your loving husband. The following second honeymoon destinations are some of the top traveled destinations in the world.
Hawaii is one of the most popular honeymoon destinations, and rightfully so, with the gorgeous views of the ocean, volcanoes, exotic foliage, ubiquitous resorts and romantic sunsets.
What better opportunity will you have to visit Alaska than your second honeymoon? Alaska offers sightseeing and wildlife tours, as well as kayaking, rafting, and various insatiable restaurants. An Alaskan cruise is a great option for you and your hubby to set sail in style and comfort.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Hold onto your husband’s hand while taking an airboat swamp, ghost, or vampire tour around the French Quarter. Other activities in this city that’s rich in culture and nightlife include shopping, gambling, and romantic dinners you’ll never forget.
A common destination for lovers from all walks of life, including a remarriage. Its calming and tranquil atmosphere along with those appealing private bungalows over a family of dolphins would send most couples rushing to pack their bags and get out of dodge.
New York City and Niagara Falls
The gorgeous cityscape of New York City mixed with the world famous Niagara Falls would be the honeymoon that has it all. Once you imagine you and your husband cruising in the Maid of the Mist and watching Niagara Falls, you’ll have a difficult time imagining another destination for your second wedding honeymoon.
Sure, you can spend your honeymoon on a white sandy beach sipping umbrella drinks just like everyone else. But these top ten honeymoon destinations break the mold and offer newlyweds a unique travel experience. Check out romantic honeymoon destinations that provide more than a sun tan.
Adventure Travel Honeymoons
You don't have to lounge in a beach chair to relax. If you and your fiance are adrenaline junkies, consider a honeymoon designed to get your heart pumping. Plan your adventure honeymoon around an exciting activity, like skiing, skydiving or scuba diving. Some of the best honeymoons for thrill seekers include:
- Antarctica: Take a guided tour across the antarctic circle.
- Mt. Fuji, Tokyo: Celebrate your new life together with a hike to the top of Japan's highest peek.
- Angkor Wat, Cambodia: Explore 60 square miles of ancient ruins on foot.
Do you prefer that your romantic honeymoon destinations don't come with a side of global warming? Get in tune with nature while minimizing your carbon footprint at eco-friendly resorts for a great green honeymoon.
- Turtle Island, Fiji: Only 14 couples are allowed on the island at one time in order to sustain the natural habitat.
- Maho Bay Camp, St. John, Virgin Islands: Stay in a hand built tent-cottage and spend your honeymoon swimming and hiking.
Are you both avid readers or writers? Take a honeymoon that helps you connect with one another and with one of your favorite authors.
- Key West, Florida: Visit The Hemingway House and be inspired by the blue sea.
- Hannibal, Missouri: While most people may not associate this Midwestern town with the world's best honeymoons, a true Mark Twain fan couldn't be more at home.
Big City Honeymoons
The previous top honeymoon destinations are known for their peace, quiet or solitude. But if the bustle of a big city makes you feel alive, head to one of these top spots after you say "I do".
This is a sponsored post by Delta Vacations about warm weather destinations for weddings and honeymoons. Delta Vacations offers convenient, affordable vacations with hotel stays, rental car, sightseeing and entertainment, escorted tours, and more. Contact them through DeltaVacations.com, 1-866-238-5378, or your travel agent.
When talking about your honeymoon, have you ever said “I want to go somewhere warm?” Almost every bride says it, or at least wishes it, and we understand that. You’ve been dreaming of your own special getaway for years, and you want it to be perfect—the vacation of your dreams.
Besides going somewhere warm, what are your must-haves? Here’s a checklist to help you find the most perfect place for you and your groom.
- Are you thinking of a destination close to home, such as Florida or California, or are you leaning more toward heading to a tropical island?
- Out of these 3 destinations—Hawaii, Mexico, and the Caribbean—which one appeals to you more?
- Are you looking for a laid-back, beachy Caribbean feel? A bustling, vibrant, and colorful U.S.A. vibe? Or a magical, adventurous European ambiance?
- Do you have a passport?
- What sounds better? Lounging on the beach or going exploring?
- What are your personal interests?
- Are you looking for an all-inclusive resort?
- Is your honeymoon going to be a short or long trip? Have you factored in travel time?
- What time of year are you honeymooning? Is that during spring break? Hurricane season?
Take time to answer these questions—it might help you decide which destination is best for your honeymoon getaway. The LIFESTYLE Collection specialists from Delta Vacations® are also on hand to help you determine which place is best for you.
Mini-moons are becoming more and more popular all around the world, especially in Ireland, apparently!
With this recessions showing no signs of ending just yet, who can blame them?